Return to the Lily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Asiatic Pot Lilies - Tiny Ghost

Posted by callousedknees z5 IN (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 3, 07 at 22:32

I just purchased a bunch of lilies on clearance and then I found out that they are Asiatic Pot Lilies from the "Tiny" line. Mine are called "Tiny Ghost". I can't find any information on "Pot Lilies". Are they the same as regular Asiatic lilies? Can I plant them in the ground and expect them to come up next year or do they need to be in a pot? I can't imagine them needing to be in a pot, but want to be sure. The tag says they are okay in my zone (5). Can anyone verify? I have not grown any lilies before. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Asiatic Pot Lilies - Tiny Ghost

I googled "pot" lilies and they said they are the smaller version can be planted in pots or front border. Hope this helps

o

Thank you! I googled too, but I couldn't find much. They must be fairly new.

o

I just bought some this year too, tiny ghost and tiny todd...couldnt find any info when i googled it..they had better come back, they are gorgeous! I cant see why they wouldnt. I planted mine in several areas in my yard. They look just like all my other asiatic lilies. All pot lilies I have ever bought I planted outside, and they have all done well. Good luck!

o

You can find some info and pictures of 'Tiny' Lilies here. Choose Asiatic group and click 'Search' button. Scroll down to all 'Tiny' Lilies.

o

that site says tiny ghost is purple..i wouldnt call it purple tho. not much info there. heres two pics of mine..when they first openthey are more red. as they fade they get purple. last one is a pic of tiny todd

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b9/daniellalell/DSC01756.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b9/daniellalell/DSC01792.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b9/daniellalell/DSC01749.jpg

o

Daniella, instead of copying first link from the Photobucket, copy the third one :-) It will do it a little easier for everyone...

Daniella's pictures:

Nice Lilies!

o

O! Thank you for that Alina!

o

I can't wait until they bloom next year. They were done when I got them and those pictures are awesome! Thanks for all the info!

o

I purchased my Asiatic Pot Lilies 'Tiny Ghost' from a home improvement store May 2008. The tag said "Lily Looks" and had website printed on the label. I went to the site and found lots of good info. They also have a Q/A page with more good info.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lily Looks

o

Thanks lretta... this year my lilies are covered with buds and they have multiplied. I have about 3-4 stems for each stem I had last year... incredible! I will try to post pics after they bloom.

o

I planted two pots of Tiny Ghost last year. They came back incredibly strong and healthy this year, and have multiplied to three stems each (from one). I love them and everyone comments about them. They are more deep blood red than purple in my garden. Mine are in full bloom, but I am horrible at posting pics. I'll see if I can figure it out.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here