Return to the Lily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
best white lily - asiatic or casa blanca

Posted by steelskies 4 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 5, 11 at 23:09

I'm trying to decide which one to get. I know the asiatics dont' have much of a smell and the other one does. which one gives the most flowers, is the most hardy, etc. Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: best white lily - asiatic or casa blanca

Asiatics are more hardy than Orientals and generally more vigorous. They bloom earlier. Orientals are not perennial for me in my zone 6, but might return in your zone.

o

Hope this isn't too late, but I have been growing Casa Blanca for 4-5 years now. Wonderful blooms--much lovelier and shapelier than Asiatic blooms. However, Casa Blanca is not as strong and vigorous as most of my other lilies, although it is the best oriental of the 3 I grow.

If you can find a white orienpet lily, that is a strong, vigorous lily.

I dont' know any white Asiatics, so can't tell you about that, although I do know that Asiatics are supposed to be quite easy to grow. They bloom early in the summer; oriental lilies bloom either mid summer or later summer. Orientpets blooms in between those two types.

Good luck in your search.

Kate

o

I have an unknown white orienpet lily that blooms in early July and is about 9 feet tall.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here