Return to the Lily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
slugs!!!

Posted by tambo747 4 a/b Canada (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 11, 09 at 23:58

OMG!!! I am officially waging war against the lily bug cartel. I have been killing off those pestuous red lily beetles since the spring and have them under control. However, I recently noticed the life sucked out of the foliage on my red asiatics. Taking a closer look, I found a 2 inch slug accompanied by 4 or 5 others. The foliage is limp and brown. I really hope my red lilies are able to bloom next year! I love them so much, but between the lily beetle, the slugs and the short bloom, they are becoming a little too high maintenance. Can anyone tell me the best and most effective way to prevent these slug from living in my garden and destroying my lilies? I even found one on my delph. UGH!
Thanks
Tammy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: slugs!!!

The best thing I have found to eliminate slugs is beer. If you place shallow containers around the garden with an inch of beer in the bottom, slugs are drawn to it like magnets! Empty out the drunken, drowned slugs and refill.

o
RE: slugs!!!

tks Charlee! I'll give it a shot!
Tammy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here