Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
djonesc

lilies in yakima/selah, wa???

djonesc
14 years ago

i hope this is ok; i crossposted this in the regular garden section b/fore i knew there was a lily forum ... forgive my oversight:

i'm new to this part of gardenweb ... usually hanging out in the veggie section, however, i would like to ask some questions about lilies: i just got home from the minneapolis area (another grandbaby) and when i was there i saw TONS AND TONS of lilies; it seems like every home has a patch or section or area of lilies, even surrounding the mailboxes -- my daughter didn't know what kind they are (they are new there, also) but the lilies are tall with orange/yellow flowers and the leaves look like they *fall over* out of the top of the plant, surrounding the long flower stem ... daughter said she thought they were the kind that walmart sells in pots ...

can someone tell me if they grow in the yakima/selah area ... is it too hot here (it was 111 today where we live out of town) ... i have not seen them, but have not *looked for* them before ... will they grow and thrive in yakima/selah?

any help appreciated ... darlene

Comments (2)