Return to the Lily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Using Ropel/Pre-potted lilies

Posted by phylrae z5a/centralNYS (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 23, 06 at 9:09

I use Ropel on the bulbs of lilies and tulips before I plant, to keep animals from digging them up or chewing.
I just bought a large pot of already-bloomed OT lilies (3 I believe) - Conca d'Or. Should I take them out of the pot, shake off the soil and SPRAY them or dunk them, before I replant in my raised beds? Thanks. Phyl

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Using Ropel/Pre-potted lilies

I wonder why you need to use ropel at all. I have many Lilies. (my name) and live close to the woods in central NY. I have never had a problem with critters digging bulbs up. But maybe you do. Going by the date on your post it shows August 23. At this time os year you will do NO HARM if you remove the soil and spray the bulbs with Ropel if thats what you want to do. If it makes you feel better go ahead, it won't harm the bulbs. Growing season is all but done now.

o
RE: Using Ropel/Pre-potted lilies

Thanks Lilium guy56. I will probably do this today. Phyl

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here