Return to the Lily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
asiatic lily HELP!! asap please

Posted by Ashtash nc (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 28, 13 at 14:02

My friend brought me her Asiatic Lily that she has had on her porch in a pot. She bought it last spring (2012) and admits neglecting it. It is dying. It still has a partial tag: Tango Passion Crossover Lily pure white with speckled burgandy blooms. All instructions are gone.
It is a little over a foot tall. There is one sturdy stem and another weak stem that's been pulled out of the soil with a green bulb? at the bottom. This bulb has been exposed for two weeks (aprox)
What should I do? I just received it so I haven't checked the condition of root. Or if there are more bulbs.
Re pot till fall or put straight in the ground now? The back side of the foliage you see is dead...brownish yellow and crispy but there is still green.
I am very new to plants in general, especially bulbs, any and all advice appreciated. Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: asiatic lily HELP!! asap please

Either way is ok, you're only a little over a month away from normal fall bulb planting time. If you choose to plant right away simply remove the entire root ball from the pot and plant it without dividing it or pulling it apart. If you choose to wait until all the stems have gone dormant (brown) then you can gently pull the bulbs apart and plant them in well drained soil enriched with compost. This site may be helpful.

Here is a link that might be useful: North American Lily Society

o
RE: asiatic lily HELP!! asap please

And plant in a location that gets sun, at least a half a day if you can.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here