Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hafiii_gw

Spots on lily leaves

hafiii
16 years ago

Hi, I'm new to lily growing and gardening in general. I was bit by the lily bug last year while walking thru the Lowe's garden center and saw an orange lily i just had to have. I read in some previous posts that is how it all starts and is so true. Since then i have ordered about 60-70 bulbs thru various retailers (mostly asiatic, some oriential) and had most in the ground last fall to come up in the spring. I feel i did pretty well for my first year and only had 1 no-show (did have mold on bulb when planted) and a just few sickly thin ones. I have a question that has probably been answered before but i did a search and didn't find anything related and hoped someone might be able to help. The tips of the leaves on some of my plants are turning an orange-ish rust color. I also found rust colored spots in the center of the leaves on one plant. It is on my thinner leaf versions and not the ones with a fat leaf. Some included are: Grand Cru, Asiatic Pixie, and Cancun. Could it be, too much water? Not enough water? Disease that needs treated? I'm more worried about the last one and don't want to put this off if i need to treat them or risk loosing them or spreading to others or no flowers next year. Thanks in advance for any help.

Comment (1)