Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tyshee

The mouse paid the price (funny but not)

tyshee
17 years ago

Dirty rat, Filthy rat and the rest of their family paid the price. First they completely demoished the Pink Champagne. Didn't make me happy but who can begrudge a little champagne? I didn't cry when they tried to send email and did under Dot.com. They got in the safe and ate the Moneymaker but the poor fools didn't want the change so all is well there. In a few years change makes dollars. The hid under the Pink Pagoda but when it caved two teenagers survived. Looking for new territory they moved on to Oklahoma. Destroyed the whole state too. They stopped and did a little gambling and Blackjack lost his all. I bravely handled all this but when the ate poor Uncle Albert, that was the last straw. Why would anybody want to eat Uncle Albert? Well they weren't happy with all of that plus more so they moved in the house. Now that is the last straw when I found a hole down the middle of a loaf of bread in the bread drawer. Next (my dog food has a bin sort of like a flour bin) I found a hole in the dog food bag. Mad as a hornet I bought some poison and carefully placed it where the dog wouldn't get it (he eats every thing except dog food. Everything!) Bait was gone and thought the mouse was too. Washed every drawer with bleach and all the linens and contents of the kitchen drawers. Called the Rescue Shelter and adopted a cat with a thirty day trial and cheap rate of adoption for seniors. They delivered him right to my door and called to check on him. I paid them and donated a bag of science diet that my puppy wouldn't eat. He also came nuetered and with shots. Well he is another story with extreme earmites and a bloated stomach from which he passed obnoxious gas. I went to the vet got the mite med which took seven weeks to kill it was so gross and bad. Bought the most expensive organic cat food and went to work on his stomach problem He hated the food but we survived all of this and now he gets his favorite Friskies Seafood Mix and no gas. Well the mouse came back so I placed a trap in the linen drawer. A few days later I went to get a potholder and I had caught a mouse. Well the mice had moved on to Dreamcatcher and that was a big mistake as the cat got him and left him on the scene of the crime. Now the cat has a home (not normally a cat person) and Dirty and Filthy and their family are long gone. I found lots of attempted holes under the lilacs and a cave in the flower bed. Luckly the loss wasn't too bad but they did get a few things I liked. What I learned is no mouse damage whever I had daffodils planted in front of the lilies so will plant some more daffodils. All points of major damage had no daffs. The cat has cleaned them out now and doesn't patrol the yard night and day anymore. He used to sit in the window and then run to the door any hour of the day or night. Now he spends the night in here and no more presents in the garden either. My dog is obnoxious and pesty and these animals are both about a year and a half. Never has the cat scratched him or scratched a person. He is a wonderful animal who eats a lot and everyone who meets him asks us if we want to give him away. Amazing as he spent eight month at the rescue shelter and no one wanted him. Must have been the gas.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County