Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
philomena_gw

Teeny yellow bugs ?

philomena
16 years ago

I meant to post about this earlier, but kept forgetting. This year, some of the lilies were really covered with these teeny, tiny, yellow, spider-ish looking insects. They would be on both upper and lower portions of leaves (but more heavily concentrated on the lower side), were on the outside of the flower buds, and now are on the outside of any remaining seed pods. They weren't attached very strongly - a good shaking or even blowing hard on the leaves would scoot them off. I sprayed neem on them and they seemed to die, but didn't really drop off - but more sure took their place eventually.

There were no webs, like with spider mites, and no real damage that I could see while the flowers were blooming. Now, there does seem to be odd yellow spots on the leaves, following the veination - but then again, the leaves of many of the lilies are starting to die-off, so it may just be that.

Anyone ever see any bugs like these and/or know what they are ? I only saw them on the lilies - not on any other plant.