Return to the Lily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
calla lilies

Posted by Nish11 none (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 8, 11 at 16:19

Hi ,
I recently got colored calla lily . This is my first time to have a plant at home,and I absolutely have no experience.Some how I read the care instructions for white calla lilies and applied it to them.I watered them regularly and kept them away from sun. For some days they were good ,but later both the leaves and the flowers started drooping. Also the new flowers were light pink as compared to the purple color which it had when i got them. After finally understanding what mistake I had made ,I thought of checking on the bulb.. :( and it was all soggy and rotting out and there were insects eating it ... It was so much a pain to see that..I tried to wash the bulbs ,to remove the infestation , I cut out the leaves and flowers :( and now I have kept them to dry. Can anyone help me ,how can I save my lili bulb ...Is there any chance of it surviving ???? I just dont want it to die..Please help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: calla lilies

The colored callas require excellent drainage unlike the big white ones which will even grow in standing water.

Kept away from sun? do you mean you had them indoors?

They will only grow temporarily indoors, they need to be outdoors but aren't grown successfully in much of the US. They are not nearly as easy to grow as the big white ones. Which are common garden perennials in many locations.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here