Return to the Lily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How can I save clivias with crown rot?

Posted by PlanterRic 7b (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 29, 05 at 18:18

I have some new Chinese clivias and have already lost some to crown rot. The ones that died eartly were young and had few or the roots had dried out in transit. Now, some of the older ones have just lost their newest leaf from rot at the base of the leaf. This has been the first sign of the onset of the crown rot that killed the others. The rest of the plant looks healthy. Is there a way to save these?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How can I save clivias with crown rot?

I haven't grown clivias, but I have used dilute bleach (10-30% solution of 5.25% household bleach) to deal with rot in bearded irises. I soak for about 20 minutes then rinse well. Hydrogen peroxide might be helpful also.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here