Return to the Lily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
After Seasoned Lily Issue

Posted by katmarie none (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 18, 11 at 18:42

My lily was beautiful this past season but now I am at a loss as to what I should do... I've seen pictures of other after season lilies and I believe that something has gone wrong... My lily has turned brown in colour... stem, leaves, everything. The leaves have dried out and it appears to be under-watered... but that isn't the case. It gets watered regularly. It is in a pot on my apartment deck. It gets an appropriate amount of direct sunlight in the morning and then some shade in the afternoon. Should I be cutting the stem down? There is evidence that a stem has been cut previously.

My lily is an oriental 'Marco Polo' Lily.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: After Seasoned Lily Issue

It's possible that you have over-watered your lily or it may be that it is simply going dormant. You don't say what growing zone you are in. I'm in zone 4 and my early blooming asiatics are just now turning yellow. It's much easier to grow lilies in the ground than in a pot. if you give us more info we may be able to give you a better answer. You may want to google botrytis and see if that's what your lily looks like.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here