Return to the Lily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
For answers to your ?s, check out www.lilies.org

Posted by Dunwaukin Ontario 5b (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 9, 05 at 22:30

I see lots of questions on here that could be answered quite easily. The web-site is www.lilies.org

It tells you types of lilies, propagation, (including scaling) diiding, hybridizing. Et cetera, et cetera.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: For answers to your ?s, check out www.lilies.org

Thanks - i just checked it out and bookmarked it for future reading this winter (i stay in the yard the rest of the time if i am not at work).

o

The North American Lily Society as a great book also on growing lilies.

o

Can I cut down my Asiatic Lilies for the winter? I am new to gardening and when I cut down my tulips, they never flowered again, so I am afraid to do so with my lilies until I check it out.

o

You should cut back your lilies and clean the leaves and all up to prevent disease but only after the leaves and stalk have turned brown. Lilies feed off the leaves so never cut more than a third back until after the leaves and stems die. The object is to have a healthy large bulb that will bloom next year. When all is brown and dead looking you can cut them to ground level. Usually they will just pull right out but sometimes they pull the bulb with them so it is better to cut the stems that show the slightest resistence. This is also when you can divide the bulbs if you wish.

o
new lilies

hi, anyone;did anyone hear about a new kind of lily??my friend tells me, a new one is out. flowers are like petunia?? i have never heard of it..if so what is the name, any infor. on this ,a pic..maybe.. thanks very much..

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here