Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
therenbackagain

Bush Lily. Where to put/plant?

therenbackagain
12 years ago

Hi there everyone. I am from Southern California.

I have been on here once before with another name a few years back, but needed a new name this time for strange reasons.

**My issue: I would like advice if anyone can provide it on where I should plant the Bush Lily?

It is in a 2.5 qt container bought from Home Depot and I REALLY want to see this plant bloom next year! So, should I plant it in one of these locations I have provided with 2 photos, or simply leave it in it's container or in a larger pot outside or inside on dinner table? The tag on plant say 4-6 hours sun, but I read that this plant likes mostly shade!! What to do?!?!

***The 1st photo has lots of color that was taken back in May, so the Dahlia flower (annual) with red pointing to it is practically dead now. That corner is next to spa and would look nice to have the plant there to gaze at. This area doesn't get morning sun, but 12pm to 5pm-ish sun. No shade otherwise when in full sun.

***2nd photo is next to the monster Calla Lily plant I put in this year, & maybe the Bush Lily would go nicer in here where there is hardly any direct sun light since large tree hangs overhead. The Calla lily seems to love the area.

I had wanted to purchase this plant before, but haven't till this year. The plant caught my eye immediately with its symmetrical, dark-green foliage. And I also heard about its nice fresh-smelling blooms in spring/summertime.

Please help a fellow planter out. Thanks to all!

Here is a link that might be useful: 1st & 2nd location