Return to the Lily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Growing Lankongense lilies?

Posted by flora2b z6a bc (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 7, 06 at 3:22

Anyone growing lankongense lilies. I have started some from seeds and was wondering about bloom time and best location for a more permanent home.
Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Growing Lankongense lilies?

Relatively easy from seed - you may see the odd bloom by the second year if it's very happy. Since it's stoloniferous a larger pot or box is a good idea (though I've had them spear through the side of a poly box) for growing them on to flowering size. Does better with full sun or just a little dappled shade and a soil which drains well but doesn't dry out completely. Bloom time will vary with your location and the individual bulbs. Mine come into flower over a period of about three weeks (I have a lot of different clones) in early to mid-summer.

o

Thanks kayman. I have them growing in a row in my holding bed and this is their second year, with just leaves about 1 foot tall. I would love to see some pictures of your lilies if you have any and are able to post.

o

I have two different clones also, and bloom times hardly overlap. They grow in pretty much full sun too. Even martagons will grow in full sun. With ample water, they are the most vigorous there. Good drainage a must, especially with lankongense. In my limited experience, they seem to abhore heavy soils more so than most lilies.

o

Really, little has changed with the new Terms of use for GW early this year. But photo usage has. I don't post quality photos anymore, but if you (or anyone) would like to email me, I can give you access to my photobucket account - lankongense included.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here