Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ravnking

Pineapple Lilies

RavnKing
18 years ago

I bought some Eucomis hybrid seeds from Thompson & Morgan and got them all to germinate. They started growing really well and the leaves are long (approx. 4") and narrow (approx. 1/2"). They have been growing in 4.25" pots for about 6 months now and a small 1/4" bulb has formed on all of them which I assume is what is supposed to happen. The thing is that now the growth has really slowed down and they are not really growing as strong since the sun is no longer out for as many hours now that winter is well on its way in. I am growing them indoors on a windowsill right now. Do the bulbs need to be put dormant for the winter and then grown in the spring again? If so how do I go about doing this? I have a small bar fridge that I use for storing many of my other bulbs in and some carnivorous plants during dormancy. Or should I get these under some grow lights for the winter and continue growing them since this is still their first year? If I am to continue growing them indoors over the winter, what is the light/temp/humidity requirements as I would love to keep these alive so that they can continue to grow and get bigger and hopefully actually flower one year soon. Any suggestions here would be greatly appreciated as these are the first lilies that I have tried growing. Thank you in advance.

Cheers,

Sean

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm