Return to the Lily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Growing Lily of The Valley from seeds

Posted by rainbow_catz none (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 27, 13 at 8:04

Guys, help me...
Has anyone grow Lily of the valley (Convallaria Majalis) from seed, and has anyone succeeded in making it sprout?
I read in most article that it needs 2 months - 1 year germination time. I can be crazy of waiting!
Can I just scarify the seed? Maybe by nicking it or make hole in it??

Actually I want to plant from pips, which is easier, but I cannot get them because I live in tropical country :(

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Growing Lily of The Valley from seeds

There is a reason why you can't get lily of the valley in your area. Lily of the valley requires a cool, temperate climate which you don't have. There are so many other beautiful flowers that you can grow why not concentrate on them.

Did you know that lily of the valley is invasive. It took me 3 years to rid my flower beds of them so be thankful that you can't grow them

o
RE: Growing Lily of The Valley from seeds

Have to agree with dowlinggram. When I read your post title, my only thought was, why would anyone ever want to grow these from seed? Sorry, that's all I've got.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here