Return to the Lily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Identifying lilies from Breck's

Posted by redwolfdoc 5b (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 5, 13 at 20:45

Hello!

I'm pretty new to lilies and ordered "Carpet Border Lily Mixture." I know they're Asiatic and they come in red, yellow, pink and white, but Breck's website doesn't give any more info that that. Does anybody know offhand what the actual cultivars are? I'd prefer to be specific on my garden markers!

Here's a photo...

Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Breck's blurb

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Identifying lilies from Breck's

For starter's, ask Brecks what's in the mix. They should be able to tell you. Your link doesn't work--but I've seen the picture/description beforehand anyway.

o

The actual cultivars are listed only by color for the most part - Carpet Border Red, Carpet Border White, etc. The exceptions are a couple of bicolors - Carpet Border Starlight Magic and Carpet Border Starlight Express.

Here is a link that might be useful: Breck's Carpet Border Series

o

Thank you, interspecific!

Breck's answered my inquiry in good time. For anybody interested, the cultivars in the mix are:

Crimson Pixie
Butter Pixie
Forever Marjolein
Reinesse
and
Abbetsville Pride, which is the orange one, though I can't find it through Google under that name...

o

Okay, found the proper spelling for that last one (Breck's made a typo):

Abbesville Pride

This post was edited by redwolfdoc on Tue, Nov 12, 13 at 17:56

o

Glad that worked for you. Brecks is a pretty good company.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here