Return to the Lily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Double Oriental Lily Mixture?????

Posted by alina_1 (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 15, 06 at 14:02

Does anyone have any idea what lilies are on this picture?
As far as I know, there was only one double Oriental Lily so far - Miss Lucy. Am I wrong?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Double Oriental Lily Mixture?????

This is a mixture of varieties being developed. 'Miss Lucy' is the first named selection of these double flowered Oriental Lilies.

Really fascinating, but I've had trouble getting 'Miss Lucy' to open well in my garden. =(

I hope these other seedlings show promise and better garden worthiness.

Cheers,

RIz

o

Thanks, Riz.
I was hoping for your and other experts' replies. I remember your post about 'Miss Lucy'. My 'Miss Lucy' did not bloom last season because the bulbs I recieved from Van Bourgondien were tiny, so I cannot evaluate its perfomance. I saw different colored double lilies on the North American Lily Society site (here) marked as seedlings. They look amazing. But if they did not open well...
Did anyone else have 'Miss Lucy' blooming? How was it?

Riz, can you please tell me about your 'Midnight Star'? It is still very expensive and it looks remarkably similar to the common 'Dizzy' on pictures. Is it worth the money?

Thank you.

o

I'll make a separate post on 'Midnight Star'.

Cheers,

Riz

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here