Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jameya

got my first peace lilly...

jameya
9 years ago

On the sale rack at a big box store. Ive looked around on here and have been reading a bit about this plant. Like i should not replant until around Father's Day, but ive read a few different theories on planting...do these work best in a self watering pot, or is it better to plant in a nursery plastic type pot, and then just set down into another pot for mostly bottom watering??

What kind of soil works the best?? Can i use some miracle grow and throw some perlite, and some orchid soil mix and use that when i do repot??

And for now, should i go into the plant and cut back the dead leaves and the ones that dont look so great, or should i just mostly leave it alone until i repot in a few months??

I have seen these before in the store's and came across this one for 3.00 and figured i would give it a try. I seem to be pretty hit or miss with plants, and i am trying to get better, i will still read on here about it, but if anyone has any tricks, advice or suggestions i should try, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Jamey

Comments (2)