Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stanly_gw

Lilynook.mb.ca new Lily Catalogue

stanly
18 years ago

Just wanted to let everyone know the new on line catalogue is now updated. Blew my wallet on the weekend!

Comments (4)

• irish_rose_grower
    18 years ago

What exactly is the company name? Lilynook?

• stanly
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi Maureen. Love your website. Lilynook is a company in Neepawa Manitoba, Canada. They specialize in lilies and I've been ordering from them for many years. They have a great selection and I've always gotten great service from them as well as good quality bulbs. I know they sell to folks from the U.S however I know there are many excellent companies selling bulbs in the U.S. as well so would probably easier for you to order from home. I just find that they are a great website for information on the various kinds of lilies and for me personally, living in zone 3, I can't have all those wonderful oriental and trumpets that you can probably grow in your zone. However, with all the cross breeding that is being done now, we have been able to order varieties that are hardier. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas (or the more politically correct) holiday season and all the best in the New Year. Stan

• irish_rose_grower
    18 years ago

HI Stan. Thanks for the compliment on my website. It was done by a forumer here at Gardenweb. She did it for a trade, and I was so pleased with her work. It was fun. I'm going to check out Lilynook's website and see what they have. I'm recently into lilys and have not seen any bloom yet -- just planted lots and lots of bulbs this fall/winter. And I do celebrate Christmas, and a Merry Christmas to you too. I bet it FREEZING up there where you are. Stay warm!

Maureen

• stanly
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi Maureen. When my daughter went to college several years ago, she had to set up a website as part of her course so I've asked her to set one up for me so maybe in the spring, I'll have one to. Like you say, sounds like fun. Yesterday we had a "heat wave" here, plus 7C so lets see, around 48F and today it's supposed to be around the freezing mark so we are enjoying it while we can. Looks pretty dirty out there, hardly any snow at all. My snowmobile sits in the garage all tuned up and ready to go. Hardly seems like winter yet, a few days of -10 to -20 cel. Have only been out once tobagganing with my grand kids before the snow melted again. Curling season is half over and it's already Christmas. Wow, time flies!
    I hope you enjoy lilynook's web site. If nothing else, it is very informative and when I first got the "Lily Fever", I found them great to deal with. Each year, when I go home to visit, I try to time my trip so I can go through Neepawa right when they have their lily festival. It seems like the whole town is one big lily, every yard, containers, street corners, bus tours. And of course I always end up buying more lilies. I really like the L/A Hybrids (Longiflorum/Asiatic) like "Fangio", "Royal Star", "Royal Sunset", "Original Love", "Modern Style" just to name a few. They all have very strong stems and huge flowers. Last year I ordered a couple of Oriental/Asiatic lilies called "First Crown and Fancy Crowm" and even through it was their first year, they were really beautiful so of course I had to order "Elegant Crown" this year. Also, 2 years ago, I ordered "American Bandstand, Original and Spirit" in honor of my nephew who lives in Florida and was wounded in Afganastan so this year I also ordered American Journey and American Sentinal. Those bloom a lot later for us here, usually in late August so if we have an early frost, we have to make sure those are covered so they don't freeze otherwise the stem can no longer feed the bulb and they won't make it through the winter. Here I go, writing a book instead of a note. Anyway, enjoy your new lilies when they come up in the spring. Take Care