Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
walknojog

Lawn Boy dark green paint

walknojog
15 years ago

Does anyone happen to know the Lawn-Boy part number of the dark green paint that was used during the 90's on such models as the 8430 (handle bars and motor shroud - deck was the lime green)?? Also, looking for a source for some new decals to apply once my paint job is complete.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Paul

Comments (15)

• indy452
    15 years ago

Hi. I restored a LB like that a few years back and for the deck I used Grabber green (good match) and for the darker color green I used a simple hunter green from ACE hardware.

See the results..........The one on the left.

{{gwi:137188}}
    {{gwi:137189}}

• walknojog
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Nice job - the mower looks great! Thanks for the info regarding the dark green, I'll get by ACE to pick up a can. As for the wheels, mine are white, but I like the color in your photos, and have seen it on other commercial Lawn-Boys.
    I've got a can of touch up paint coming for my Simplicity snow thrower and I think the color might be the same or close enough.
    Thanks again for the info and pics!
    Regards, Paul

• indy452
    15 years ago

The wheels were white originally but I wish I had left them that way. I used orange cause I liked the commercial look but now wish I had left the white alone. Oh well.

I just took the shroud with me to match the paint for the darker green. It was close enough for me.

Neal

• walknojog
    Original Author
    15 years ago

The white wheels remind me too much of the plastic ones LB used on the 7200 series during the 70's - I personally like the orange, but to each his own.

• tintop
    15 years ago

Those two Lawn Boys look great. That "Grabber Green" looks perfect on the older mower. Can you tell us who makes it? Thanks for the pics.

• walknojog
    Original Author
    15 years ago

"Grabber Green" (part nr. DE1641) is made by Dupli-Color.
    They also make a self-etching primer which is a great undercoat to use on the aluminum decks. I've found that NAPA auto parts is the best place to buy these - if they don't have it in stock they can usually have it in the next day (at least here in Maryland).

• indy452
    15 years ago

I used to get grabber grn at Walmart believe it or not but lately mine has quit stocking it. I'll have to find a new source.

Neal

• mtgrs737
    15 years ago

Try Autozone, or O'Reilly's they have had it in the past.

• overkillphil
    15 years ago

Nice pics., did you replace the decals as well? And since the original question was also about decal replacement, does anyone know of a good source for those?

• dougmac
    15 years ago

As far as decals, only O.E. decals from Toro/Lawn-Boy are available and what is not already obsolete is hit or miss.

Go to www.Lawn-Boy.com look up you particular mower model # and find the part numbers of the decals you need. Then go to ...

http://www.rcpw.com/Oem_Parts.htm

... to see if your decals are still available. I usually buy from my local dealer because shipping rates are much higher than sales tax, but rcpw or any other online parts house can at least tell you if it is still available and current price.

Doug

• indy452
    15 years ago

"Nice pics., did you replace the decals as well? And since the original question was also about decal replacement, does anyone know of a good source for those?"

No I taped over the decal when I painted. I have no source other than my own imagination and help from others when dealing with decals.

Neal

• zybourg
    15 years ago

I have a few of these Vintage Commercial Lawnboy model 6461.Good Compression and Run Strong when fuel is sprayed in carb.If anyone is interested in restoring these please contact me.$150 each and Will ship anywhere in the US for $60.Click on this link to view:http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=HDPan57&target=ALBUM&id=5292716368885037297&authkey=rqydW72YF18&invite=CPLkwHk&feat=email

Here is a link that might be useful: Vintage LawnBoy Commercial Mower

• rdaystrom
    15 years ago

zybourg, Does this look like Ebay to you? If everyone posted their ads here you couldn't find regular posts.

• equinox_grow
    15 years ago

The newer one has the exact same engine that is on mine. Mine is a 8480 or 8481 depending on where you look. I had two of them at one time but gave one to a neighbor for helping us out a lot. He loves it to death. Good engines.

• tgore3
    15 years ago

Nice wrok Neal, you make some good looking Lawn-Boys

Here is a link that might be useful: My Mower Forum