Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
coqui_d_gw

Help, my lucky bamboo is turning yellow. First stalks, now leaves

coqui_d
11 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I've had my gorgeous lucky bamboo for over 2 years now. It was a good luck present given to me by my boyfriend as I went off to medical school interviews, so it has a lot of sentimental value.

Last year one of the stalks started to yellow so I took it out and after some research I figured out I needed to use distilled or purified water. The change in water seemed to do the trick. Then the leaves started to become pale, and I read it needed some fertilizer, so I bought some liquid fertilizer and that helped with the pale leaves.

But a couple of weeks ago another one started yellowing. I took it out and tried regrowing it, but that was unsuccessful. Now there's another stalk that has become paler and the top is becoming yellow. Also, some leaves have become yellow or pale on other stalks that seem perfectly fine. Before the yellowing of the stalks and leaves I did notice that the new leaves coming out were coming out yellow, but I trimmed them and they seemed to be fine.

I water it once a week, although its been consuming water more rapidly so maybe twice a week and once a week add a couple drops of liquid fertilizer to the water. Does anyone have any suggestions of what I can do to save it? Does it need to be repotted? Am I using too much fertilizer?

Thank you

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH