Return to the Lucky Bamboo Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
my lucky bamboo leaves are turning yellow and brown

Posted by janacgrose34 TX (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 22, 14 at 11:24

I notice yesterday that my tips of leaves of the bamboo were brown and yellow and it is winter time in Texas so I don't if it stressed from to much sun or weather cold and hot because it can go from cold to hot to the next and we never know I have inside sitting to a window but I don't know I give it bottled water because I heard tap water can kill it is that true?? Please help??

Jana

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: my lucky bamboo leaves are turning yellow and brown

Yes tap water has Un healthy Chemicals in it. Also is it dry? They like it evenly moist all the time. (A little tip plant it in soil and it will grow SO much better) keep us updated.

o
RE: my lucky bamboo leaves are turning yellow and brown

Once water hits the ground, it picks up minerals that plants may or may not like, lime is common (which raises the PH.) Bottled drinking water is ground water and is more expensive than distilled. Very few bottled waters have no other substances besides pure H2O. Distilled, rain/melted snow, and condensate from dehumidifier or A/C are sources of 'plain' water.

I couldn't tell from what you said if your plant is in water or a pot?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lucky Bamboo Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here