Return to the Lucky Bamboo Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How tall can a Rooted Cutting grow?

Posted by zaboomafoozarg (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 28, 08 at 18:01

I am considering trying to take a cutting off the side-shoot and getting it to root...

I know that the main stem can't grow any taller, but I REALLY want to get a tall one of these plants that isn't branched off anywhere...

So, my question is this (actually, I have two questions)

1. If I take a cutting from a side-shoot, and root it, will it grow tall and straight indefinitely and eventually become as thick as the main stem it is currently attached to?

2. Should I plant a cutting from a side-shoot in Soil, or Water, if I want it to grow as fast as possible?

If anyone can help me out, that would be great! Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How tall can a Rooted Cutting grow?

You can definately take side-shoots and get them to root. You can start them off either in soil or water, but for fast growing, go with the soil; just be sure to keep it watered! It's fairly simple; I've done it several times, an some of my shoots have gotten fairly tall! I'm not sure HOW tall LB can get, but some of mine are nearing two feet, are fairly straight, and a little top-heavy in some cases. Best of luck!

o

many seem to forget that dracaenas are trees. give them some time and proper care and they may get as big as those in this link, even bigger!

Here is a link that might be useful: Dracaena Sanderiana

o

ewigerginkgo,
i am doing the same thing. I have a side shoot planted in soil and it has started to root and you said you have done this before and gotten your LB pretty big. About how long did it take until it got to around 2 ft.

o

I have a 60 inch lucky bamboo it is 17 years old

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lucky Bamboo Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here