Return to the Lucky Bamboo Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lucky Bamboo for Biology Project

Posted by Claire46 none (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 20, 14 at 18:55

I will be doing a biology project on seeing how adding prenatal medicine affects the growth of lucky bamboo plants. I was thinking about growing them all in 2 1/4 in plastic pots but wasn't sure which soil to use or if I should put rocks in for drainage. Would watering about twice a week be good. Also, some of the plants will only receive water as a control group, so can they survive without any kind of fertilizer? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lucky Bamboo for Biology Project

I was also wondering how much water I should give them since it needs to be constant for every plant and at the same time of day for every plant. Thanks!

o
RE: Lucky Bamboo for Biology Project

You can grow them in miracle grow potting mix (works well for me) but since it's a project I would put them in the pots with rocks and set the pots in bowls of water so they are constantly moist. You can if you want just grow them in vases full of water, they will be OK. (I have some in a fish tank) keep us updated and pictures are really helpful. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lucky Bamboo Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here