Return to the Lucky Bamboo Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lucky Bamboo Stalks

Posted by feathersite (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 8, 10 at 10:32

I have 2 Lucky Bamboo's but they are very long w/just a few leaves at the top. My question is will leaves ever reemerge from the stalks and if not what should I do to get a bushier plater? Sandi

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lucky Bamboo Stalks

You would have to cut the stalks back to see if the shoots will sprout. You may want to look at some photos online to see what they look like cut back. You will see how the shoots occur right by the cuts. The parts you cut off can be rerooted.

Here is a link that might be useful: See the cut back bamboo shoots and how they sprout.

o

My lucky bamboo has white sticks that look like roots but they are thicker towards the middle of the stalk and this part is under water could it be roots or new leafs?

o

O.K. Heres a new odd question....I had a 4 tear bamboo plant and the stalks started turning white but the leaves are green and then it rots but the leaves continue to stay green on most of them very odd also the roots were fine.
I checked for insects it did not have any so I just propagated the ones I could and sanitized them and have them in my rooting vase.
Has this ever happened to anyone? It was different even pretty but they would not stay that way. Also let me add the stalks were firm and not wrinkled or different than a green one it just turned white and died not a thing was done different than had been done all the past years.

Bye for now
j-b's

weird huh? Oh it was around 4-6 years old BTW

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lucky Bamboo Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here