Return to the Lucky Bamboo Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What water to use on lucky bamboo

Posted by JackJoe1 none (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 2, 14 at 16:58

I bought lucky bamboo today. And I have spent all night researching on how to look after them. It says to leave the water in a glass for 24 hours. So I have been doing that. But it says that some water contains fluoride and this doesn't get rid of it. So if my plant stars to die from this (if I have it in my water) which bottled water do I use? Evian? Buxton? Or rain water? And what if it doesn't rain then what? Please help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What water to use on lucky bamboo

use distilled water. if you are using any kind of municipal water you almost certainly have fluoride and many other interesting/terrifying things in the water.

o

I use spring but distilled works 2 :)

o

Bottled drinking water could be tap water. Distilled is much less expensive (and no fear of anything unknown in it) if there's no rain. Spring water has come from the ground somewhere, and may or may not have minerals that plants may or may not like. Condensate from an A/C or dehumidifier is free of impurities.

o

I bought 2 lucky bamboo plants from Walmart after liking them so much at a Chinese restaurant...so far I'm using distilled water, I hope it's the right thing to do...

o

This is great - I found a use for the water in my dehumidifier. I will change the water first thing tonight when I get home.

DhD

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lucky Bamboo Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here