Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tractatus

Lucky bamboo not so lucky (black roots)

tractatus
15 years ago

Hi. Got a sick Lucky Bamboo (2 stalks). The top of one section of one of the stalks is yellow/white, and drying out, with streaks of black. Other than that, both stalks are green, with healthy green leaves. But the roots are black and brown.

The problems started after I repotted the plant. It was in a small glass jar with pebbles, which I transferred to a larger glass jar with pebbles and red (dyed) sand. When I finally decided to change the water, the whole thing smelled absolutely horrible! I rinsed the rocks, the roots and washed the stalks, changed the water, and removed the sand. Some of the smell remains.

My question is: is this good for the garbage, despite that 90% of the plant looks good and green, or can the roots grow white again?

Also, is it possible to grow in a glass container? I know you're not supposed to, but I like the container, and there's enough pebbles to cover most if not all of the roots, plus its 20' from a window. The previous container was also glass, water and pebbles, and it did very well for months til I transpotted.

Comment (1)

Sponsored