Return to the Lucky Bamboo Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
lb dead at tip?

Posted by sarawr88 none (My Page) on
Mon, May 13, 13 at 1:24

My little sister bought me a lb. But the tips are brown, is this ok, or is something wrong?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: lb dead at tip?

Well I dumped out the water crystals and took the glued rocks out, to find white slim that smelled horrible. I rinsed the roots off as good as I could (they were red) and put it in soil mixed with sand..... figured I would check on the roots in a few days or so.
Still do not know why the tips are brown, maybe where it got cut?
Should I cont. To keep it in the soil or put it back in the water to help the roots out?

o

I think it is missing magnesiam. Both stalks are yellowing so it looks like it could use some fertilizer. Do research on internet or go to Youtube and write in Lucky bamboo.

Nancy

o

Sarawr, how is your lucky bamboo doing since potted? Can you post more pics of it?
And yes, I think some fertilizer would help it, and some magnesium, as Nancy said.

o

Hi,
The tip is from being in bad water smelly water. Always set the water out and use the next day. It will not kill it, as for as fertilizer I use a diluted part of my pre mixed miracle grow. Once a month a few drops 2--3 for a small one. Hope this helps.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lucky Bamboo Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here