Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
blaznmystic

100% Newbe

blaznmystic
15 years ago

Hello. I am new to the forum abd brand new to keeping any kind of plant period! I recently purchased a beautiful lucky bamboo from work. It has 20 or more stalks all crisscrossed together to give a pinapple type shape. Very kewl!! Anyway,... when I bought it, it was planted in a tiny pot with fish like gravel. After doing some much needed research I decided to re pot it and give it soil. I bought a larger pot that would 'hug' the plant, rather than squishing it. For soil I used basic potting soil, peat moss, play sand, and a little bit of the gravel that the plant came in. I mixed it all together and WhaLa! I have been taking extra care to make sure that the soil stays nice and moist, but not soggy to help it make the transition. So far things are looking good. My house gets good bright indirect sunlight daily. I even give my new baby a mist bath every morning. I think it likes it. :) I have also ordered some Green Green fertilizer. I have read that it's a good one to use for LB.

I have only had this plant for about a week and I love it already!! So, any further advice or information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Comments (3)

Sponsored