Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bamboohero

Help me save abandon bamboo!

bamboohero
15 years ago

It is moving out week at my university dormitory. The other day I found a random little pot of bamboo in the hall near my room. Had no name on it besides that is was a Lucky Bamboo and it looked very sickly. A few hours later it was still there so I "took it in". (Ironically I could use some luck with these finals). I have done a little bit to help it but don't understand anything about this plant. It seemed the nursery farmers were trying to make the 14 plants stalks weave using gold wire (like a twist tie) attached to round metal hoops. I released the plant from the lower of the two hoops and there are some deep sores in the stalks of the bamboo from where the bar was against them. I also was recommended to snip the tips of the leaves that seemed burnt and brittle. I took it out of the pot it came in and cleaned the inside of the pot and the rocks and pebbles. I pulled out dark black stalks. I gave it a full pot of water. Now I do not know what to do. It is a very sad looking plant to say the least. I am not a fan of training plants but unfortunately for now I dont think I will be able to free it from the top bar without them "springing" in random directions or hurting the plant more. What can I do?? Someone told me to feed it fish food? That seems a bit bizarre. PLEASE HELP!! I have always wanted a bamboo and this one ended up literally at my front door. So I don't want it to die.

Comment (1)

Sponsored