Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sisle

Suffering Lucky Bamboo

sisle
9 years ago

Hello! I am hoping someone can give me some advice on my lucky bamboo! it is 6 years old and has always been in water never soil. about 9 months ago I had to leave the bamboo w a family member until I had a new house where I could keep it. Sadly the family member is not plant friendly and when I got the plant back it had a rag stuffed into the vase to help hold it up and it was covered in black and yellow mold. I have a new vase for it and change the water every other day. I have to change the water this often or it gets a film on top of the water and it smells horrible. It has kind of gone wild and no longer grows straight up. It has a lot of yellow leaves and 2 of the tops of the stalks are black. I use only filtered water never tap water and it gets lots of indirect light. My question is, how can I bring the plant back. the leaves are still alive they are not quite dead yet. Is there any tricks that can help and also can I trim back the roots? I fear I am not getting all the slimy mold that was on them. Any help is appreciated I really don't want to lose my bamboo!!! Thank you!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor