Return to the Lucky Bamboo Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Top of stalks dried out - cut off or leave it be?

Posted by Joseph1987 none (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 30, 13 at 11:49

Hi everyone!

So I have 3 lucky bamboo plants in a glass container with some rocks and water, and they've been doing great for about 4 years now. Recently, I went on vacation for 2 months and asked a friend to water the bamboo for me. Unfortunately, he forgot to do it for about a month in a row, and many leaves turned yellow and others are very pale yellow/green.

I removed the dead leaves and replaced the water, but now I'm not sure what to do about one more thing: the tops of the stalks (where they are sealed of with wax) dried out. They are brown/woody in color and shrunk inwards. They're like that about 1.5 inches from the waxed part down. The shoots come off the stalks about 2 inches below the wax part, so the yellow/dry stalk didn't propagate low enough to reach them. The question I have is, do I cut off the yellow top parts with a sharp knife (and maybe re-seal with wax?) or do I just leave it be? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Top of stalks dried out - cut off or leave it be?

Maybe you can propagate some of whats still alive, read over this and see if you cant find a answer
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/luckybamboo/msg0810013422037.html

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lucky Bamboo Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here