Return to the Lucky Bamboo Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I am hopeful

Posted by dirt_dew z9 az (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 18, 06 at 2:47

The Lucky Bamboo is special to many. I hope a number will find their way here and different things to share/ask. Do you display your Lucky Bamboo so it can be seen as you enter your home?
Good luck and
Happy gardening!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I am hopeful

Mine is on top of the entertainment center in my living room. It's a good companion to a nice dracena on the opposite end of the center with a display of art glass between them. It's the first room guests enter. Love the stuff! (I have to keep my plants up high since my cat thinks they are his personal snack bar.)

o

I have four different sets of plants at home; the one at my office is gorgeous, everyone comments on it. They are all in water. I keep all four in my bedroom with the rest of my houseplants, but what a nice idea to have them at the entrance.

o

I have one in my bathroom and one at work--in both locations there is no window nearby and the plants do pretty well. I also find that co-workers stop by to ask about the little green stalks :)

o

Tie a small red bow around it for extra Good Luck!!! :)

o

Thank you Joy4me. I will do that! I should have long ago. I have no excuse.

o

Tie the bow around three or five stalks for the most luck. Never ever four stalks. "Four" in Chinese is very similar to "death". But remember to loosen the bow as the stalks grow wider. I found that out the hard way when the gold tie that came on mine started to dig into it.

I keep my lucky bamboo on my computer desk where it gets lots of indirect sun and I can see it all the time. Having it in my room also keeps it away from the cats.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lucky Bamboo Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here