Return to the Lucky Bamboo Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best way to save a Dracaena Sanderiana without roots (they were c

Posted by lgarciar000 TX (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 30, 10 at 11:14

Hello!
I've had a big bamboo (I was just told that it is a Dracaena Sanderiana) for about 6 years, doing well. Couple of weeks ago started noticing stem yellowing (after I threw different kind of rocks in the vase) and I did some research. Found out it was dying. Water very stinky. I changed it a couple of times and it kept going yellow. More research and I ended up cutting off all the yellow part... which happens to be at the bottom. Meaning: I had to get rid of the blacking roots too!! :-( Now, I'm trying to save the big part left. Will this water be enough? Do I need to put in soil better than in water? Like I said, it was doing right for 6 years and I'm not sure what's best to recover it ... Please help... I have pictures of the cut stem, roots and how it looks now. Click the link right below this post called "Lily's Dracaena Sanderiana" (http://picasaweb.google.com/liliana.garcia/Bamboo?authkey=Gv1sRgCLTv0amvyvn2ngE#)

Here is a link that might be useful: Lily's Dracaena Sanderiana

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best way to save a Dracaena Sanderiana without roots (they we

I have seen very few canes that did root in the middle as you show it in the pics and they also had roots on the bottom that you had to remove. I'm very uncertain if scoring the section would help it root faster or not or even if it will root at all and could be worth you thinking over before doing

It seems to be oddly confrontational to rather they should be in soil or water in this forum. I would suggest just water no soil no rocks (as your already use to growing them this way) at a depth of at least two segments.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lucky Bamboo Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here