Return to the Lucky Bamboo Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Did I re-pot my Lucky Bamboo correctly?

Posted by holly12 none (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 21, 13 at 15:51

sorry, please ignore THIS post! For some reason, my "did I post my bamboo correctly" posted twice.

This post was edited by holly12 on Sat, Sep 21, 13 at 15:52

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Did I re-pot my Lucky Bamboo correctly?

Sorry nobody responded in a reasonable amount of time. This forum needs a link to/from the house plant forum. How is your plant doing?

o

Thanks for asking! :)

So far they seem to be doing fairly well. I ended up having 1 stock turning yellow, so I pulled it, and had a few leaves turn yellow on another, but the rest seem to be doing well. I've planted 2 pots of them. The soil is still fairly damp/wet. I've even got some roots growing out the bottom holes of the inner pot down to the outer pot, where the excess water catches.

When I first got the bamboo, I took cuttings and rooted them in water. They've begun to grow roots and I'm waiting for them to get a bit longer before I pot them too.

So, it's all good at the moment. :) Every few times I water, I use a fertilizer as well. I'm hoping they continue to do well.

o

Sounds like fun! Are you using tap water?

o

Yes but from the bypass so it hasn't gone through the softener and it sits out for a week before I use it.

o

Most municipalities no longer use a volatile (can evaporate) source of chlorinating water. The other common chemicals in tap water like fluoride and lime can't evaporate, but become slightly more concentrated if water sits. Letting it come to room temp is good if one must use tap water but all of the research I've done leads me to conclude that letting it sit longer is pointless regarding the chemicals.

Rain, melted snow, condensate from a dehumidifier or A/C, or distilled are sources of water without anything else in it, even the minerals that all ground water has, exactly what depends on location.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lucky Bamboo Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here