Return to the Lucky Bamboo Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
jelly-type of fungus in lucky bamboo pot

Posted by clm4700 (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 13, 06 at 8:28

I have the lucky bamboo for more than a year. In the past two months, a brownish jelly-type of fungus growing in the LB pot. I cleaned out the "jelly" in the pot once but it returned a week later. 3 stems have got rotten and are dying. What is the problem and what can I do to prevent further deterioration? Thanks for your help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: jelly-type of fungus in lucky bamboo pot

It sounds to me like you have root/stem rot. I'd guess the jelly is actually rotting plant material. Your best bet to save the plant would be to re-root the stems, check the LB propagation threads for more info. Because you have rot, you'll need to discard the effected parts of the plant. Just make sure that the parts of the plant you try to root are still healthy, not soft or discolored. If you really want to re-use the same container, discard the infected roots/dirt/gravel, clean it out well with soap + water, then disinfect it with diluted bleach. But I'd use another container for the rooting anyhow, as it might be safer.

o

I think I made a boo-boo...there are 2 threads right now with similar titles with propagate/propagation . I meant to refer you to the 'How to propagate' one.

o

try using bottled water cause it dosen't have chlorine in it

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lucky Bamboo Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here