Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
claritamaria

PicsLucky Bamboo Algea and problems

claritamaria
17 years ago

Hello

I am an orchid person but have some lucky babmboo. The one that is very special to me is ailing. I moved from Miami some months ago but it began ailing there

Since I grow orchids I have good conditions. I grow the LB on a window sill that is glass block

I have 2 other LB's which are doing fine so I am at a loss and pray you can help

1) The algea problem. The roots are full of it. The roots are so bound that the rocks etc are stuck. I have tried to add a drop of phyhton to the water and a bit of superthrive but no luck. Is this ok to have or should I get rid of the Algea?

2) there is no odor to the algea water

3) The main stalks are bending and yellowing however there are 2 little shoots coming up, one has really thrived and a second to follow.Is this a normal cycle of lucky bamboo

4) what are the whitish spots on the main plant? Also why are the tips browing? I use 2-3 drops of superthrive but this was happening before I did it

5) I have heard that LB like to live in "dirty water". This water is distilled. I have also tried tap water

How do I save this plant? My boyfriend gave it to me and he has passed away

Thank you for any answers you may have for me

Clara

{{gwi:1033203}}
{{gwi:1033204}}
{{gwi:1033205}}

Comments (6)

Sponsored
We believe that great design should be accessible to everyone