Return to the Lucky Bamboo Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My New Lucky Bamboo

Posted by evonnestoryteller (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 2, 07 at 13:01

I really love my new lucky bamboo plant! I have never seen one as nice as this in person. Unfortunately, a little piece of it got knocked off. (That is what the little red tie is.) I tried to graft it back, but someone knocked that off despite my securing the plant above and below the graft.

I hope it grows out nicely with sprouts in the right place!

Thanks for all the great information. Mine is still in water, and now I have the information on how to grow these in soil. As soon as I find the right container, I am potting up the plant!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My New Lucky Bamboo

Ooh, that looks so pretty but I probably could never afford it xP.

I'm hoping that one day I can collect a bunch of small ones and grow it fancy like that. Sadly, I don't think that the knocked off section will graft back on... If it starts dying I would recommend taking it off completely and putting it in some water so that you will at least have something out of it. Hopefully some more will grow in its place, and you can probably just hide it in the back... ;)

o

I will never know for sure if the graft would work or not. Someone knocked it off. I did stick the section in some soil and it is growing nicely. If you know that it does not graft, then I am happy with the outcome.

o

I purchased a lucky bamboo a few years ago for my mother. She loves her outdoor gardens, but her house is very ... untouched, I'll say. She says she has no time to decorate inside with life because she enjoys the outside work so much. I new lucky bamboo's were pretty easy to care for (just water), and I just love mine, so anyways ... she got a little life in the house not.
Cheers

Here is a link that might be useful: cpr classes

o

I thought I would show everyone my same plant one year later after transitioning it to soil. You can see how much it has grown and how nicely it has fanned out!

o

Oh, It looks very nice! how about the graft? do those stalk well now?

o

I never got to see if the graft would take. Someone knocked it off, so I just stuck it in soil. That little piece of broken stalk is its own plant now. It is actually getting quite tall.

o

what kind of soil should i use for the lucky bamboo?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lucky Bamboo Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here