Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mcgyvr2009i

Time to transplant from water to soil. Best instructions?

mcgyvr2009i
11 years ago

Yep. I'm done with the standing-water routine. Every time I water my dracaena, I watch the perfection fade away. I have it in a clear plastic cup, and the minerals from the water and the stones and what not are starting to cloud up the clearness. I'm sick of it. I'd say it's time to piss off the plant by sticking it in potting soil. I checked with the previous question where it said "repotting to soil unsuccessful" or something like that, but it didn't help me much. I already tried to repot one of my stalks a few weeks back but then I saw it begin to shrivel. So, I dug it back up and stuck it back in water. It's doing fine so far, but still has no shoot growing out of it.(By the way, how long should it take for a ribbon dracaena stalk to produce a shoot after the new growth has been separated from it?) It's doing better now. So, back to the stalk I'm talking about. So this stalk has about 8 inches of growth coming out of the top of a possibly 9 inch stalk. That's the new growth that I removed from the stalk I asked about above. So THIS stalk has a root system large enough to allow slow growth. Is it safe to remove this stalk and place it in soil? Here's some images of the stalk at question:

Comments (2)