Return to the Lucky Bamboo Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help with my Dracaena

Posted by skima none (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 19, 13 at 0:07

Hi,

I have never owned this plant before so this is my first time. I bought it some time ago from BJ's and I saw that it was not 100% healthy, in the sense that it had some drying spots on the leaves, but i decided to take it and see if I can heal the poor thing.

Slowly all the leaves starting form the bottom started drying up and I had to cut off most of them. Now the top leaves are drying up slowly and even the new fresh ones, coming off of the top, has tiny brown spots already.

I did care for it as much as i could, fed the plant a couple of time, constantly making sure the soil is good and wet enough.

Not sure what the problem is....

I have photos attached below, please let me know if you think this plant still has a chance

http://goo.gl/2EcFDL

http://goo.gl/NPEHyo

Thank you for your time and help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help with my Dracaena

Is your plant in a container of tap water?

o

Hi. What you need to do is grab a clean pair of scissors and cut the brown bits of the leaves. Make sure the water you feed it is room temperature and is filtered. Also make sure you bamboo plant is in not direct sunlight and spray it with filtered water.

Good luck!!

o

Do you know about The Lucky Bamboo Expert on YouTube?
He submits video on care and feeding of Lucky Bamboo. Give him a look.

Here is a link that might be useful: The Lucky Bamboo Expert

o

Oh wow I did not see any responses here at the beginning and just saw all the responses. I have already cut all the brown leaves, I will jut out the brown parts on the fresh leaves as well. Will move away from sun light and try the watering advice given.

I will research on the feeding part, I think something is wrong with the nutrients, will watch these video now.

Thank you so much for all the responses I will repost on any recovery progress here

o

And yes I did use tap water.... I will do filtered water from now on. Would boiled water be OK?

o

Dracaenas are 'allergic' to chemicals in tap water, which can't be removed by boiling or sitting. If you are able to catch rain water/melted snow, or use distilled, or condensate from a dehumidifier or A/C, those are all sources of chemical-free water. Look forward to your pics!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lucky Bamboo Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here