Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
natedog1996

!!!Stem Turning Yellow (Including Leaves)!!!

NateDog1996
9 years ago

I had my Bamboo Plant for about two years now. I came home from winter break with the plant and the first thing I did was changed the water and used the water from the fridge (filtered water). I'm pretty sure everything afterward was the cause of that, but idk. In college I used bottle water because I don't trust them. At home I used faucet water and it worked too, but I was lazy and use filtered water from fridge. As in the picture the leaves started to change color, from dark green to light and then yellow. The main problem is the second stem or stalk. From the top down it's turning yellow and traveling down fast. At the top it's all over, but as it move down its only affecting half the stem. I couldn't included more pictures to explain, but I'm in desperate help. The plant sits in a small but compact case, I thought the roots was suffocating but there plently of gaps in the rocks where the roots are, so idk. Please help me. Also on the first stem, the leaves are turning yellow and the stem is dark green, but on the second stalk the stem is turning yellow and the leaves are dark green. Lol strange.

Comments (2)

• NateDog1996
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Extra Photo, showing the vase the bamboo plant sits in, I thought the roots was suffocating, but it's hard to tell. They been in that same position for an year out of the two. I was thinking of changing case but for traveling reasons, I left it alone.

This post was edited by NateDog1996 on Sat, Dec 27, 14 at 1:05

• NateDog1996
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Just one more photo, to try to provide an overview of the situation. Thanks.

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler