Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jrheymans

Saving Private Lucky Bamboo

Jrheymans
10 years ago

Hi There,

My company has given out LB to everyone and as you can imagine not everyone has taken a liking to the parenting factor of looking after their Bamboo.
That being said a lot of them got orphaned and me hating to see the poor things suffer have started adopting the ones I see has been neglected.
I have one in particular that was completely left to dry out. The stalk started drying out at the bottom but not turning yellow. I took it under my wing and started giving it the care it needs, the main question I have is the bottom part with the dead dry patch is not responding but it does seem that it�s trying to push out some new roots on the segment above the dead patch. Can I cut of the bottom "dead" part because it seems that its polluting the water? and if I cut it is there something I need to do about the new exposed area or can it just be left? Another question I have is they have all been given in these small long glass containers, the one bamboo�s roots have started taking over inside but it�s not growing at the leaves at all, can I trim the roots without damaging the plant?

Thank you for taking the time to read my essay and any advice would be really appreciated.

Jrheymans

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler