Return to the Maples Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
does this japanese maple exist?

Posted by Robes22 New Hampshire (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 25, 13 at 15:18

Hi this is my first post..I've been trying to research Japanese maples but haven't found an answer to my questions so I figured I would post here.

My wife and I live in new Hampshire and love the foliage. I am in the process of landscaping our new home and wanted to put a japanese maple in our backyard... Can anyone tell me
if there is a species/cultivator that fits the following criteria:
1) bright red all year, I love the bright red color of Japanese maples but I hate that burgundy, wine, dusty red purple color. No green either.
2) atleast 6 feet tall when it is matured.
3) grows upright ...not weeping
4) grows in full sun
5) grows well in southern new hampshire

If you have any pics of the answers that would be great. If not I can try and look up the species you reply with.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: does this japanese maple exist?

i too am in southern new hampshire...to my knowledge, japanese maples basically come in two main colors, "red or green" and two main shapes, "upright or weeping". these colors are basically the summer color in the northeast as spring colors vary tremendously as do fall colors. the red i am referring to in the summer is, for the most part, BURGUNDY OR WINE in coloration. real red does occur in spring....ie, SHIN DESHOJO, or fall (many varieties) . here's a good place to hunt, there are many....try forest farm.com after this one :)

Here is a link that might be useful: mendocino maples

o
RE: does this japanese maple exist?

ill look into those.. thanks for your reply

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Maples Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here