Return to the Maples Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My new 'Acer palmatum Higasayama'

Posted by toronado3800 Z6 St. Louis (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 30, 10 at 0:01

130 years ago this had to be one unique tree. Still a pretty neat fella even if there are 1010101 Acer palmatums to choose from.

Share photos on twitter with Twitpic

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My new 'Acer palmatum Higasayama'

Its a lovely tree. Have you seen Abigail Rose, which is the miniature version? Its a tiny little thing! I love all the variegated varieties.

o

• Posted by whaas 5a Milwaukee (My Page) on
    Sat, Apr 10, 10 at 20:57

Very nice...should post some pics towards the end of the growing season.

I'm starting to pick out more plants for foilage myself...a JM is next on the list.

o

Will do. What kind of JM are you thinking about whaas?

kaitain4, I almost ordered one of those but decided I was going to stick this in a "big" spot in my yard, then changed my mind a couple times and picked a different big spot lol.

o

• Posted by whaas 5a Milwaukee (My Page) on
    Sun, Apr 11, 10 at 11:01

Althought not variegated, I'm looking at Fireglow. Not alot of good choices for me in zone 5...zone 6 is where the doors start to open.

o

From what I read Fireglow is RED. Folks will notice it!

Not that either of us are there but someplace I remember reading zone 7 has the best diversity or the most choices for what you can plant.

o

Been a couple weeks in the ground now. Plant has survived some unseasonally warm weather and I've survived ACL replacement, darn hockey. Ground is still generally damp but rain has been below average. Every 3 of 4 days w/o the wife or myself have been giving it 1/2 gallon or so of water.

Finally got some good pics with the wife's digital camera not just my 4 year old cell. I notice not all the leaves are the same, all seem attractive though and it sure is interesting.

Higasayama

Higasayama

o

Just cause it was mentioned above, here's the spring color on my Abigail Rose. They do eventually turn green/white like the Higasayama shown above;

o

Knock out. A whole tree covered with them bright leaves sure most certainly would be stunning in spring.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Maples Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here