Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
japmapleman

New Japanese maple??

japmapleman
13 years ago

Hello everyone!! I own a landscape installation and maintenance company and 2 years ago while working on a customers property I noticed a small Japanese maple seeding in the woods. The owner knew nothing about it and saw I could have it. I brought it home and put it in a container. last year the maple didn't do that well, lots of leaf scorch, didn't thrive. So over the winter I transplanted it into al's gritty mix and when the leaves emerged a couple of weeks ago I noticed it looked totally different from last year. I opened my Japanese maple book by j.d bettered and Peter Gregory 4th edition and looked through the whole book and found nothing similar to it. Could this possibly be a new variety? I know people think they have new types all the time and it takes years to make sure it is in fact a new variety. I plan to just jeep it and let it grow but really would like to know if it is a new variety or possibly I just missed it in the book. Where I found the seeding there are no other maples around. I'll post pics as soon as possible if I can figure out how... Any input would be great..thanks

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Virginia Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars151 Reviews
Virginia's Award Winning One Stop Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Resource