Return to the Maples Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
trailing perennial for JM in a container

Posted by jujustad Z8 western WA (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 25, 11 at 20:54

Hi,
I have an Autumn Moon Japanese Maple in a large antique copper
Wash tub...18" high x 24" diameter. I would like to have some perennial trailing plants around the edge because the plant is in a plastic nursery pot inside the copper washtub and the plastic rim doesn't look so great. Do any of you have any trailers with your container JM's that you love?
Thanks!
Julie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: trailing perennial for JM in a container

• Posted by bboy USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA (My Page) on
    Fri, Mar 25, 11 at 21:14

A gentian with a flat growth habit that produced its blue trumpets when the maple was in autumn dress could be exciting.

o
RE: trailing perennial for JM in a container

I agree that the coloring would be gorgeous! I always admire them when I'm hiking. I've been researching gentians a bit and find very little info and what is there makes them sound fussy. Did you know of a particular type that would do well in sun and acid soil?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Maples Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here