Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
houstontexas123

spring photos 2014

houstontexas123
10 years ago

my best heat tolerant JM, Glowing Embers, usually 1st to leaf out, and has good fall color.

Comments (14)

• houstontexas123
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Osakazuki, usually the last of the three to leaf out, but very nice foliage. least heat tolerant of my 3 JMs. the Glowing Embers in the background.

• houstontexas123
    Original Author
    10 years ago

and finally Sango Kaku. Foliage changes to a light green/yellow color in the summer, decent heat tolerance.

• houstontexas123
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Osakazuki a few days later.

• allen456
    9 years ago

Nice. I'm inspired to step outside and take photos of my JM!

• Suzi AKA DesertDance So CA Zone 9b
    9 years ago

Here are mine.

This one is Waterfall Japanese Maple. It's pretty small. Tag still on it when we got this house last year.

This one is big, no tag, and I have no idea what variety it is.

Suzi

• xman
    9 years ago

Orange Dream

• xman
    9 years ago

Purple Ghost

• xman
    9 years ago

Aureum Fullmoon

• xman
    9 years ago

Sister Ghost

• CEFreeman
    9 years ago

I'll post some different varieties than are already here, but wanted to say it's wonderful to see varieties I have doing so well other places.

I don't have a picture host, so I'll have to link to them one at a time. I'll pick my favorites. :) Keep in mind that there isn't a single tree that I've bought that was over a 2-year graft. Some of these I have had since I started in 2004, and some obviously in subsequent years. Many of these started as small as 6' tall, including their root stock! I'm a proud mama!

This is my Okagami, in the ground in complete, unrelenting full sun for about 3 years now:

This post was edited by CEFreeman on Tue, May 6, 14 at 10:56

• CEFreeman
    9 years ago

Here is a close up of my Maiku Jaku's fruit. The red against this fresh spring green is uplifting to me. Then, this baby has the most spectacular fall color!

• CEFreeman
    9 years ago

This Corillium went into the ground this week. Into a raised bed, actually. Beside it are a Waterfall (planted last year), an Oregon Sunset (full sun, 5 years), and a Green Cascade (planted last year.

In the pot behind it is a Johin. It might be planted soon, but I get polar opposite declarations of its full height. Anywhere from it almost being a ground cover to 12' full height.

Anyway. Without further ado, my Corillium:

• CEFreeman
    9 years ago

At the end of this long bed this year into the ground went my Sumnigoshi. It's probably 6' tall and quite lovely. Underneath it are some red stemmed Hosta (I'll get the name) and a no-name Heuchera that has red veins, along with some vibrant Bloody Doc.

• CEFreeman
    9 years ago

My last contribution for the moment is my Red Pygmy. It's lovely, and about 2' tall now. I have 2 Koto no Ito, which is the green version, so of course, I had to have the red! They look lovely and lacey together.

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner