Return to the Maples Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Osakazuki Question

Posted by zadal (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 21, 09 at 23:54

I just got a Osakazuki this spring, I thought it is supposed to have green spring and summer leaves. But all the sprouting buds are red in color, like the other red leaves japanese maple.

Just trying to make sure that I did not get a tree with the wrong labeling.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Osakazuki Question

mine is just starting to bud out. they are reddish in color. once they leaf out the leaves should be green.

o

• Posted by noki Ohio (My Page) on
    Sun, Mar 22, 09 at 15:56

Mine is not even close yet, but the buds are reddish when they come out at first. There is a lot of red with Osakazuki, new growth is reddish, samaras are red.

If you notice this spring other green leaf maples can come out reddish at first also, such as Paperbark Maples and Red Maples (Acer rubrum).

o

the leaves are green with red edges

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Maples Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here